Taste of Mongoliafrom
The taste of Mongolia tour takes 4 days to cover one of the best travel destinations of Mongolia in the shortest possible time with peace of mind and experiencing local culture along with natural beauties.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Medium Group
This tour takes to the most popular tourist destinations, most interesting national parks, Mongolian nomadic culture and much more!
It is the best experience of Mongolia and a very natural, cultural and discovery tour. Apart from enjoying the splendid scenery, national parks and visit nomadic families, you learn a lot from our unique culture and lifestyle.
Semi Gobi (Elsen Tasarkhai) is a part of the Mongol Els sand dunes, that continues 80 km long 5 km wide across Burd, Bulgan and Gurvanbulag soums of Uvurkhangai province. It is located 280 km west of Ulaanbaatar and 80 km east of Karakorum – the ancient Mongolian capital. The area is surrounded by sand dunes, hills covered with rare bushes and a small forest near a river. Together this presents a unique combination of Mongolian mountains, forests and Gobi-type landscape in one location. Local people call this sand dunes Duut mankhan (Singing sand).
Karakorum is an ancient capital city of the Great Mongol Empire established by Genghis Khan in 1220. He made his headquarters here and used it as a base for his invasion of China. Karakorum is strategically located on the most important east-west route across Mongolia, not far from the Orkhon River. Throughout your trip you will see all varied landscapes from golden sand dunes to endless steppes, making stops at beautiful crystal lakes, waterfalls and historical monasteries. It was a welcoming city not only because of the convenience of trade but also because all the religions were welcomed in the Mongol Empire. Therefore, many monasteries, churches, and mosques were established. Mongolian largest and the historically most significant religious and cultural center – Erdene Zuu monastery – is operating as a museum here. It is also known as the oldest Buddhist monastery in Mongolia. Different stone relics and other ancient artifacts are standing around the city to reveal the history and stories dated back to hundreds of years ago.
Khustai National Park
The Khustai National park in Mongolia is world-famous for the successful reintroduction of the Przewalski horse. Khustai is the place not for only wildlife. In the past, it has been protected as it was a holy place for local people. The area around the park is rich with archaeological and cultural sites.
Mongolian BBQ Khorkhog (Mutton cooked with host stones in a container)
Khorkhog is probably the most exciting Mongolian dishes, and one of the tastiest ones. The meat of a sheep (sometimes less) is cooked together with vegetables in a closed container, with the help of heated stones. For a large Khorkhog, a metal milk container is normally used. For smaller amounts, other containers serve just as well.
This trip can be customized according to your wishes. If you have any changes to the accommodation, the duration, the destination or other change requests, please contact us.
Our main goal is satisfied travelers.
- All Accommodations
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Special Meals
- All transfer & transports + experienced drivers
- Tour and trekking guide for the entire journey (in English, German, Korean, Chinese available)
- All sightseeing and entrance fees are mentioned as program
- Camel or Horse riding
- Complimentary drink water during the tour,
- Visa invitation letter, if required
- All service charge, local and Gov’t tax
- Visa to Mongolia (Get in advance)
- International flights &Travels insurance
- Hotel early check-in and late check-out,
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Semi Gobi, Nomad Family
After you are picked up in the morning at about 9:00 o’clock from your hotel in Ulaanbaatar, you will be driven to Semi Gobi
We will have lunch at about 12:00 o’clock at the service station.
About 14:00 o’clock we will arrive at the Semi Gobi
After a little rest, we will explore the area with camel or horse
At 18:00 o’clock is dinner
After dinner little fun game and free time.
🏠 in the Ger camp
- After breakfast at about 10:00, we will leave the Semi Gobi. The distance to the Karakorum is about 100 km, the journey takes 2 hours.
- About noon we will arrive at the Karakorum and will eat our lunch
- After little rest, we will visit the ancient city Karakorum and the Erdene Zuu monastery
- After the sightseeing at about 16:00, we will prepare the Mongolian BBQ Khorkhog dinner.
- At 18:00 o’clock is dinner
- After dinner little fun game and chill time.
🏠 in the Ger camp
Khustai National Park
- We will leave comfortably Karakorum after breakfast at about 10:00 o’clock.
- The distance between Karakorum and Khustai National Park is about 300 km. The journey takes about 5 hours.
- The lunch will be served at about 12:00 o’clock in a roadside restaurant
- After lunch at about 16:00, we will arrive in Khustai National Park
- Until dinner, we will explore the area
- The dinner will be finished at about 18:00 o’clock
- After dinner, it is a relaxing time. Enjoy the last evening of this trip.
🏠 in the Ger camp
Back To Ulaanbaatar
- After lunch at about 13:00 o’clock we will leave the Hustai National Park
- The distance between Hustai National Park and Ulaanbaatar is about 120 km. The journey takes 3 to 4 hours.
- About 17:00 o’clock we will arrive in Ulaanbaatar and our Central Mongolian 4 days journey will come to an end.